Architectures You've Always Wondered About (Track Host)
27 March 2023 | QCon, London UK
The biggest software systems on the planet need sophisticated architectures, deliberately and carefully designed to support true planet-scale, along with high availability, durability, security, and many other concerns.
These systems are often mysterious to outsiders - that’s why they make such good interview questions! Architectures You’ve Always Wondered About is QCon’s marquee track, featuring leading engineers from the world’s best tech companies walking us through the necessary complexity of these leading-edge systems. As well as frankly being very interesting, the design processes, results, and lessons learned along the way are something we can all learn from and take back to our own architectures.
The talks I commissioned were:
- Scaling Google’s Global Cloud L7 Lord Balancer; James Spooner, Principal Engineer, Google
- Building High-Fidelity Data Streams; Sid Anand, Chief Architect, Datazoom
- Tales of Kafka @Cloudflare: Lessons Learnt on the Way to 1 Trillion Messages; Matt Boyle & Andrea Medda, Engineering Manager & Senior Systems Engineer, Cloudflare
- Zoom: Why Does It Work?; Ian Sleebe, Senior Solutions Architect, Zoom
- Banking on Thousands of Microservices; Suhail Patel, Senior Staff Engineer, Monzo
Track average: 84% Green, 14% Yellow, 2% Red (conference average: 81%, 17%, 2%)